Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Our little boy is so much fun! In his 18th month:
* he's more verbal - we notice him chatting away by himself as he plays
* his sign language repetoire has expanded to include "sorry" and "thank you"
* he's definitely into cars! Hot wheels, to be precise!
* he's running...boy, is he running!
* he has a temper...boy, does he have a temper! He tends to throw things when he's in rage - um, anger management, anyone?
* but he's compassionate - he empathizes with other kids when they cry, and often offers the crying babe something that he thinks may comfort them
* he is head-strong...hmmm, I wonder who he gets that from??
* he LOVES to have his teeth brushed (see pic below!) - he went to his first dentist appointment a couple of weeks ago...he wasn't very thrilled, but when he received a new toothbrush at the end of the session, it was all good!
* he loves piggy-back rides!
* he is definitely high energy! (can I put "babysitting time" on my Christmas list?)
Even though I run around after Joshua all day, either in play or panic, and literally collapse on the couch after we put him to bed at the end of the day, I wouldn't trade this season for anything in the world! How blessed am I to be able to share these precious, holy moments with my son! To love this little person so profoundly is but a glimpse of God's love for me, for us. What a priviledge it is to be able to experience that!
We're looking forward to this Christmas. We can't wait to see him "enjoy" this season!
Friday, November 23, 2007
This few weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas are often a blur as people get busy with decorating, buying gifts, attending countless parties, and...well, we're just busy! I pray that we will also take time to remember the reason for this season - Jesus Christ. "For from Him and through Him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen." (Romans 11:36)
We didn't know how many good shots we'd get from our photo shoot. But as we browsed through all 203 of them (and the majority were no-smiles, mind you), we found these poses. Don't you think they they are worthy of a Baby GQ Magazine?? Or am I just being a biased momma? His sultry look is pretty cute!
"Joshua Ahrens...modeling this year's Fall and Winter line by Gymboree. Dressed in a cream turtleneck with tan rugby-stripes on sleeves; accented by a zippered, brown suede, wool-line vest. Oh so chic!"
Thursday, November 1, 2007
The day before, we had a mini Halloween party at our neighborhood's Moms' Group. It was just too cute! We had 2 lions (Joshua and Nathan), a pumpkin (Grace Ann), a monkey (Talia), a puppy (Joel), and Jack. Try getting 6 one-year-olds to sit on a couch for a picture - a feat in itself!! Enjoy these adorable pics!