This is absolutely ridiculous!
I haven't blogged in almost a year! Jared thinks that blogging has become redundant. But journaling has and always will be a way for me to express myself and document milestones, memories, etc. So why am I not doing this more? I can sum it up in one word...LIFE.
It's a crazy life, but it's my life (sorry, I stole this from Jon and Kate Plus 8...well, now it's just Kate Minus Jon Plus 8)! But I wouldn't change it for anything!
As 2011 comes to a close in a matter of 5 weeks (yikes!), here are some of the highlights, in no particulary order:
- Becca Joy was born on August 19th. She is a wonderful baby! She's 3 months old now, and is she's always smiling, cooing, and is sleeping through the night!
- We bought our new house this summer. Slowly but surely, the boxes are being unpacked, and this house is slowly becoming a home.
* started Kindergarten this Fall. He's in the school district's new Chinese Immersion Program. I think he's enjoying it. I'm amazed at how much he's learning! I'm also glad that he's making new friends at school.
* is an awesome soccer player! He just finished up a Fall league through the Streamwood Park District. At the trophy ceremony, his coach said to me that he sees so much potential in Josh. Josh is fast and has a good sense of the ball. We're excited to see him continue to pursue soccer!
* while soccer is his favorite sport to play, Joshua's passion is really for football. This 5-year-old is a Packer fanatic! He will watch the Packer DVDs over and over again! Every day after work, Jared plays football with him outside. He's also a monster at the Wii, and gives Jared a run for his money when they play Wii football.
* also started playing soccer this Fall. She's in the Jelly Bean Soccer program through the Hoffman Estates Park District, the same program that we started Joshua on. While she loves to play, and runs incredibly fast, she has her mind of her own and will not sit still to listen to instructions! I'm fearfully anticipating her going to school. I'm also fearful that if and when she plays real soccer (which we see a lot of potential in her), she'll be the one who gets ejected out of the game with a red card because she's body slamming the other players!
- We have been in our new church for a year now, and are slowly settling in. Jared enjoys his work, and we love our small group. Because God has blessed us with a bigger home, we've been able to host. In fact, we will be hosting our small group Christmas Party this year.
- Speaking of hosting, tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and we are hosting our first Thanksgiving dinner. I am excited to make my first turkey. It'll be a fun day, especially with the Packers playing that afternoon!
What else?? Um...
I'm sure there's more, but these are the big highlights for the year. God truly has blessed us is so many ways this year, and we have so much to be thankful for! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!