Saturday, February 23, 2013

January 2013

2013 had a stellar start!  I didn't used to be, but I am grateful for an early January birthday.  As I turn one year older, it's a wonderful opportunity for new beginnings, new hopes and aspirations, and this occurs timely as the new year unfolds.

You can read all about my thoughts about turning 40 in my other blog, For Such A Time As This.  Here's the link: http://forsuchatimeasthis-ya.blogspot.com/2013/01/this-is-40.html.  But I want to try and journal about the events of our family in chronological order.  That way, I can capture the moments and memories of each milestone and experiences.

So here's January...

My birthday: 

Jared threw me a birthday party the weekend before my birthday (technically, it was in December...oh well!).  I'm not one for birthday parties for myself.  I don't like the attention.  But because it is a significant birthday, he felt it necessary that I have one.  I agreed, on one condition, that the party be small and intimate.  Hence, we only invited family and a handful of close friends to an Open House on Saturday.

Jared did a great job decorating the living room for the party!
 
He made several collages of pictures of me throughout the years.
 
On this board, Jared had our guests write an encouraging note to me!
 
Joshua and Jenna made birthday cards for me!

My girls with their "I love my mom" t-shirts!

My birthday cake...wish I had a Wonder Woman one!
 
Jared did a great job of planning and organizing the party, and I felt very loved!

On Thursday, my actual birthday, Jared took the day off (and fortunately, Joshua was still on Winter break), and we spent the day downtown.  We first went to the Children's Museum at Navy Pier.  I know it's my birthday, but I wanted the kids to have fun too!  Besides, there's something about that museum that we particularly love.  I don't know if it's just being downtown, or just how less crazy it is compared to the museums in the suburbs.  We've always enjoyed being there as a family.

You can read about the rest of my birthday festivities here: http://forsuchatimeasthis-ya.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-list1-2-of-40.html

The following weekend, I had a spa weekend downtown with my girlfriends.  You can read about it here: http://forsuchatimeasthis-ya.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-list3.html

Joshua went back to school the second week of January, and reality of life-after-the-holidays began to settle in.  We were back to our normal routine.  Fortunately, Jenna still had some time before preschool started up again.  So, we were utilizing this time to enjoy playdates with friends!

 Jenna with good friend, Aaron.
 
Playdate with the Morris Family.
 
Jack and Josh

No comments: