Thursday, August 30, 2012

Becca's 1st Birthday!

Our baby Becca turned one last weekend!  I really don't know where this past year has gone.  Nevertheless, God blessed our family with a wonderful first year with our cutie-patootie.  We saw her grow and develop into her own, from infant to now toddler, she truly is a personification of her middle name, Joy!  Her happy smile lights up the room, and she just simply exudes pure joy wherever she goes.

For her birthday, I came up with a ladybug theme.  I was sewing matching ladybug outfts for both Jenna and Becca, and I thought it turned out pretty cute, so I just went with that.



I borrowed my friend's Cricut machine, and created this wall collage of Becca's first year.



I went on Pinterest to get some ladybug ideas for the party.  Most of it, I felt was a little over the top, and there was no way that I would have the time, resources, nor the talent to recreate.  So, I modified some ideas and came up with my own red-and-black themes like this...




I did find this ladybug appetizer recipe on Pinterest.  Isn't it cute?  I was suppose to add black dots on to the tomatoes by tinting cream cheese...yeah, I don't think so...too much effort!




Target has been my go-to place every year, and interestingly enough, the same lady has made all my kids' birthday cakes!  I really should find out her name!  So, I ordered a ladybug cake for Becca, and as usual (and another reason why I LOVE this place!), Target delivered!  This cake is too cute!



And can I tell you how relieved Jared and I were when we saw Becca chowing down on her birthday cake?!  She's our best eater, and I'm glad that she'll be enjoying food like her momma!




We had a fun weekend celebrating Becca's birthay!  From a family party on Saturday to a picnic lunch on Sunday, to more ensuing festivities, like going to the Children's Museum, we truly were able to celebrate Becca, for the gift of who she is.



Happy first birthday to our snuggle bug! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the ladybug theme! The wall collage is adorable!